Hey teaching friends! I was thinking about Back to School Bulletin Boards as a random thought this morning and remembered a really fun idea that I came up with when I was our third grade team leader.
Every grade level in our school had a bulletin board in the main hallway that needed changed every month, so of course, we all took turns. But the first one was always a fun board that welcomed the parents and students into our school, so I really wanted something out of the box. While I don't have any pictures of the bulletin board from that year (what was I thinking?), I can show you a quick example I threw together this morning so you get the idea:
1. Find someone with a Mac. Maybe there is a way to do it on a PC, but I don't think so.
2. Grab all the teachers on your team. We actually were all together for pre-service training so I scooped all 8 of us up during a break in the training to shoot some pictures quickly.
3. Open Photo Booth and pick the Space Alien Effect. Every person needs to take a picture looking as silly as possible. Side note: if someone is drinking water while this is happening, chances are that it might end up on the floor from laughing so hard at everyone's images, so no liquids are best.
4. Back at home or at school, print off everyone's pictures in color and cut the head only out of the picture.
5. Take the pictures and put on the bulletin board, leaving a little space behind the picture to put some neon pipe cleaners. Twist and roll the pipe cleaners in different directions so they appear to be your antennae.
6. Add a fun title like "Third Grade is Out of this World" and call it a day.
It is easy, fun, and trust me when I tell you that it was the HIT of the opening day bulletin boards that year with staff, parents, and students all stopping by to check it out, even if their child was not in our grade level. LOL!
OK - so I also grabbed several other Back to School Bulletin Board ideas from the web while I was at it so you could get even more awesome ideas!
Do you have a great back to school bulletin board to share? Link up below! No blog needed! If you aren't a blogger, simply upload a picture of the board to Pinterest and link up below with the URL of the Pinterest pin. Easy and non-technical! Yay! I can't wait to see some of your wonderful ideas to spark some BTS excitement for those that are already heading back soon.
Want more great teaching tips and classroom organization ideas?